What is SMS Marketing?
SMS marketing is a medium to send text message advertisements to customers. SMS is a fast, cost-effective, and measurable marketing tool. It is a direct way to share a special offer or company information with large group of people easily from an online platform.
If you are doing in right way, it is one of the simplest and most effective ways for businesses to communicate with customers. It is a powerful tool for driving sales and build relationship with potential customers.
How does SMS Marketing Differ from Email Marketing?
SMS marketing is someway a lookalike of email marketing in basic processing. Businesses may use a service to send messages to their subscribers or customers, create auto-responders and campaigns, make customers segmentation list and personalize content. But it differs from email marketing in many ways.
- SMS marketing is more closely regulated than email marketing. SMS campaigns are permission based, But email is subscription based.
- Text messages are limited to 160 characters and do not contain images. No requirement for subject line. The way to include visuals is to link to mobile-friendly landing pages with more information.
- SMS costs more than email to send, but it offers higher open and response rates than email. Some study says that average open rate for SMS is 90% and 48% for email.
- With SMS marketing, your message is always received on a mobile device and links in a message will be viewed in a mobile browser. But you can open your email from any device like PCs, Laptop, Mobiles & Tablets.
Benefits of SMS marketing
There are many benefits of SMS marketing for your business.
1. SMS solution is a great way to engage & build customers. It offers Direct communication with your customers. It is very fast to send & deliver messages into customer’s mobile.
2. With SMS marketing, people will know about your Brand & services. It is the perfect platform to increase your presence in market.
3. SMS marketing can generate more leads, convert these leads into potential customers. It has high conversion rate, more actions are taken by customers than other marketing channels.
4. Yields high open rate as compared to email. Approx every message sent is opened (average 90% open rate). Higher open rate will bring the great chances of success.
5. It is a great way to get feedback & suggestions from customers via surveys. It is effective & reliable way to connect with them, You can learn more about your customers & subscribers.