Most contact centers operating today work with old technology and call center software that cannot keep up with customer and business communications. The cloud-based contact center is a modern alternative to on-site contact centers using the latest communication technology. It offers many benefits to companies that want to constantly meet and exceed their customers’ expectations.
If your business is still dependent on legacy contact center technology, you’re likely to feel the pain of the limitations of your system. There are times where you might face difficulties in adding new channels (such as SMS or Facebook Messenger) or easily update your phone menu. You may have used a cloud solution or two, but they will remain silent among the rest of your systems and can’t talk to each other. This is a disappointing position. It’s hard to help customers if your technology works against you.
However, with the growth of contact center communication APIs, contact centers are finally evolving. Creating a cloud-based contact center is easier and faster than ever with APIs. You can add new features and channels as needed. These types of contact centers are built with APIs – the building blocks of software that power modern communication.
Also Read: How Cloud is Bringing Changes to Call Centers
Additional Benefits of Cloud-Based Contact Center
- Improve Customer Experience: If companies around the world can use qualified representatives around the clock to work more efficiently, the natural result is a great customer experience. Customers notice and evaluate the effectiveness of business management, which handles these cases easily and saves them time. Agents also have the power to work in diverse conditions that increase their efficiency, enabling them to provide a greater customer experience. The Cloud Center offers countless benefits to both customers and businesses. Because of greater efficiency, security, and scalability, the sky is the limit when it comes to providing the best customer experience.
- Greater Agent Versatility: Although cloud solutions are easy to set up and use immediately, they also allow for greater versatility of agents. The solution provides data and processing capabilities on request, enabling brands to have staff representatives from virtually anywhere in the world, thereby providing round-the-clock customer service. Hosted solutions enable agents working in multiple contact centers or other locations to collaborate effectively, providing brands with greater flexibility and maximum efficiency at the same time.
- Ease of Remote Working: Another major advantage of deploying a cloud-based contact center is the flexibility it offers employees in terms of teleworking. Because agents and administrators have access to the software online, it is much easier for administrators to manage remote workers. If a certain percentage of employees work remotely, it also helps to reduce business costs (eg money saved on office space). Giving your employees more freedom and flexibility to work remotely can also increase morale and employee productivity. 54% of office workers say they would leave their current job for a more flexible job.
- Enhanced Security: Cloud solutions offer tremendous benefits from enhanced security. For example, hybrid cloud solutions flexibly allow trademarks to securely store confidential data in a private cloud, keeping less sensitive data in a lower-cost public cloud. In addition, cloud solutions typically offer stronger disaster recovery capabilities than on-premises solutions.
- Reduced Costs: Cloud solutions are very cost-effective because they significantly reduce the upfront costs typically required by on-premises solutions. Hosted cloud solutions can be cheaply upgraded, allowing contact centers to integrate platforms and lower costs.
- Greater Scalability: The durability of cloud solutions enables companies to have real scalability if necessary. For example, if the contact points experience a higher number of cases than usual (for example during peak holiday periods), additional representatives may be used to meet demand, if necessary, allowing for unlimited scalability.
Now that you know the top benefits of a cloud-based contact center, you may be wondering where to find them all in one place. There are many new opportunities on the market: a programmable contact center platform. This contact center is instantly deployable and programmable in each layer of the stack.
The classic contact center model is based on inflexible and patented platforms. If you have this type of system limited, you will not be able to respond to disruptive changes in consumer behavior. With today’s cloud-based APIs, you can create new applications to meet your communication needs. Or you can simply upgrade your existing solution to extend the life and value of your existing investments.