We know that market research is very valuable in order to develop a marketing strategy for business. But the concern is, marketers are busy people & they don’t have enough time to do it. But don’t worry, we collect the Internet and email marketing Industry data for you. Our research and reports will provide you with the insight you need to formulate your marketing plans.
Some Stats Related to Internet
Around 40% of the world population has an Internet connection today. The chart and table show the number of global Internet users per year since 1993:
Internet Users by Region
Asia covers almost half of Internet users.
Internet Users by Country (2014)
- In 2014, nearly 75% (2.1 billion) of all Internet users in the world (2.8 billion) live in the top 20 countries.
- India is on the third in the list with the highest yearly growth rate (14%) and lowest penetration (14%) among the top 20 countries, which makes it a great market to explore.
Email Marketing: Important Facts
- There are nearly 4.1 billion email accounts worldwide by year-end 2015, with that number expected to increase to 4.9 billion by the end of 2017.
- Email is expected to grow to $12 billion by 2016 and email traffic is estimated to grow to over 192 billion emails sent per day by 2016.
- For every $1 spent, $44.25 is the average return on email marketing investment.
- 7 in 10 people say they made use of a coupon or discount from a marketing email in the prior week.
- 48% of emails are opened on a mobile device & 39% of marketers have no strategy for mobile email.
- 64% of decision-makers read their email via mobile devices.
- 72% of B2B buyers are most likely to share useful content via email.
- 56% of businesses say they plan to increase their use of email marketing in 2015.
- 27% of consumers were more likely to say their favorite companies should invest in more email.
- 1 in 2 marketers uses animated GIFs in their email campaigns.
Also Read: 12 Insightful Email Marketing Stats to Know, Love and Share
- 40% of B2B marketers rated the leads generated by email marketing as high quality.
- 44% of email recipients made at least one purchase last year based on a promotional email.
- 72% of consumers sign up for emails because they want to get a discount, but only 8.2% sign up because they love the brand. (Source: BlueHornet)
- When asked which medium consumers would like to receive updates from, 90% preferred an email newsletter, while only 10% chose Facebook. (Source: Nielsen Norman Group)
- A recent study concluded that email is almost 40 times better at acquiring new customers than Facebook and Twitter. (Source: McKinsey & Company)
Data Source: Salesforce
Global and Domestic Market – Diagnostics
Email marketing is expected to grow to $12 billion by 2016, CAGR of email marketing is 20%. The Asian market has the highest number of Internet users – approx 1.5 billion but penetration is only 38.8%. This is the fastest-growing market and India has an important role in it.
- The maximum number of new companies was established in Maharashtra, Delhi, and West Bengal. “During the financial year 2013-2014, a total of 216 foreign companies were registered,” it noted. (Source: The Hindu Business Line)
- There are 243 million Internet users in India. Total users may increase to 500 million by 2018, so this market is going to double in size soon. The CAGR of email marketing in India is 29.9% (higher than the worldwide CAGR).
- Expert Views: India will become larger than the US in terms of number of Internet users by the end of 2014 – Rajan Anandan, managing director, Google India (Source: The Hindu)
Sarv is an IT company with an aim to fulfill all communication and IT needs of organizations and companies of any scale under a single control panel. To achieve this goal we have developed email marketing, cloud data center, cloud telephony, mobile marketing, CRM, Web hosting, SMTP servers, and many more. Sarv is a 100% in-house developed company so our products are Fast, Flexible, Reliable, and Secure. We do not compromise on the quality of service and customer satisfaction.